On a recent project, I needed to add some Google Maps functionality to a number of pages. The functionality I was looking for included:
- adding KML layers
- adding markers onto the maps with custom info windows
- layering photo thumbnails onto the maps.
With the library in place, I didn’t have to worry about the basics. Instead, I spent my time on custom elements I wanted to add. I logged an issue early on with a bug that came up with my use case, and Brad was really helpful getting it resolved and into a release. Brad is actively working on the library, and a few features I was planning as custom ended up being covered by updates to the library mid-project.